West Allis Historical Society
The West Allis Historical Society is a dedicated group of volunteers committed to preserving the City of West Allis’ history and educating and inspiring new generations to connect with and appreciate the past.
The West Allis Historical Society’s members maintain the West Allis Historical Museum grounds and collections, volunteer to operate the museum during business hours, coordinate events, and assist with a variety of other functions to ensure the preservation of West Allis history.
Past projects include:
- Compilation of burial listings for Honey Creek Cemetery
- Acquisition and restoration of 18th century log cabin to create Honey Creek Schoolhouse
- Re-creating a typical 18th century school day at Honey Creek Schoolhouse for touring groups of schoolchildren and Boy and Girl Scouts
- Categorization and archiving of historic West Allis photographs
- Collaboration with author Albert Muchka for creation of “Making of West Allis” book
- Development of Settlers Weekend, an annual community festival (2005 – 2018)
- Coordination of two annual open house events at Historical Society grounds
New members are always welcome to join the West Allis Historical Society. Visit our membership page to learn more.